Before deciding to study abroad, it is essential to engage in thorough and rigorous research to see if the destination and the institution you are singling out are worth it. Even after adequate investigation, many young students have a looming thought that their visa might be rejected, and rightfully so because some study abroad destinations have stringent immigration regulations. However, few study-abroad destinations have more straightforward and lenient student visa procedures. If you want to know which countries have the most uncomplicated student visa procedure and whether you are likely to get a Canada visitor visa from India, read ahead!
TOP FOUR STUDY ABROAD DESTINATIONS WITH THE EASIEST STUDENT VISA
Australia – In the last few years, the number of international students studying in Australia has skyrocketed for several reasons, one of which is its relatively lenient student visa procedure. The country has issued 260000 student visas until July 2022; of course, the number will increase by the end of the year. In addition, high standards of education, affordable cost of living (when compared to anglophone counterparts like the USA and the UK), exceptional quality of life, and a welcoming multi-ethnic environment have established Australia’s position as a highly revered host country for international students.
Benefits of the Australian Student Visa
Similar to the Canadian visitor visa from India, the Australian student visa also comes with multiple strengths.
- The Australian Study Visa allows married international students to bring their spouses to the country on a dependent visa.
- In specific courses, your spouse may receive full work rights during the tenure of your student visa.
- Australian Student Visa enables international students to work for 40 hours fortnightly and greater during vacations.
- The most outstanding merit of Australia’s Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) is the provision of Post Study Work (PSW) opportunity, which provides international students extended working rights for 1 to 4 years after they complete their course at an Australian university.
Steps to Apply for an Australian Student Visa
- Apply to an accredited Australian university or college for a conditional or an unconditional offer letter
- Get the GTE Interview call
- Admission Confirmation (In case of a conditional letter)
- Clear GTE Interview
- Verify your State of Purpose and financial documents
- Pay the tuition fee
- Complete medical examination
- Submit the final file for a visa
It is noteworthy to remember that acquiring a Canadian visitor visa from India is similar.
Canada – The second country on our list is Canada. The Canadian government issued a record-breaking 450000 study permits in 2021, out of which the most prominent beneficiaries were China, India, and the French. Thus, the country’s designation as having a comparatively easy student visa procedure holds substantial merit. With 622000 international students in December 2021, Canada has the third-highest student population for any country in the world. Various factors, such as a culturally diverse and welcoming environment, the gold standard of higher learning, more than 250 higher learning institutions, availability of scholarships, and government initiatives, have groomed Canada into a premium study abroad destination.
Documents Needed for a Student Visa or Canadian Visitor Visa from India
- A valid passport
- Educational transcripts, including certificates, mark sheets, extracurricular certificates, etc
- All documents pertaining to work experience (if any). For example, experience letters, offer letters, ITRs, etc
- English Language Proficiency test results – IELTS or CELPIP
- Statement of Purpose
- Latest CV
Steps to Apply for a Canadian Student Visa
- Prepare your documents
- Finalize your course and institution
- Prepare the State of Purpose
- Gather the Letters of Recommendation
- Receive the offer letter
- Pay the tuition fee
- Open your GIC Account
- Sit for the medical examination
- Prepare your financial documents
- Apply for a visa
- Wait for the visa outcome
The United Kingdom – The penultimate country on our list is none other than the United Kingdom. It comprises 350 top-tier institutions offering international students undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma programs. The UK hosts 551495 international students, and the most represented nations include China, the USA, and India. Moreover, 17 UK universities fare in QS top 100 university rankings, etching the country’s position as a stalwart and flag-bearer of high-quality higher learning. However, during the post-pandemic phase, the United Kingdom had a rather uncompromising attitude towards immigration, especially for overseas student visa candidates. However, everything changed after the COVID-19 pandemic. The United Kingdom issued a record-breaking 484868 study permits until the first half of 2022, which is a whopping 71 percent more than in 2019. In addition, the country has also made changes to its visa policy to make it more international student-friendly. Some of the new additions include the following –
- The availability of 2 years Post-Study Work Permit
- Good settlement options with tier-2 sponsors
- Easier and quicker visa acquisition process
- High rate of visa success
- An international student’s spouse can apply for a visa as well
- The spouse of an international student on a dependent visa can work full-time in the country
Steps to Apply for UK Student Visa
Similar to the Canadian visitor visa from India, UK’s study permit also requires some preemptive strategies.
- Apply to an accredited university or college in the UK
- Receive your offer letter
- Sit for the admission interview
- Pay the tuition fee
- Submit the bank balance certificate
- Issue the final CAS letter
- Submit your visa file to the VFS
- The visa decision will arrive in the next 30 working days
New Zealand – The last country in our list of places with the easiest student visas is the ‘Land of the Kiwis,’ New Zealand. Recently, the country has etched its name in gold as an excellent host country for international students. The eight universities of New Zealand harbor a student population of around 53000. Therefore, every university enrolls 6625 international students on average. When we talk about the quality of higher learning, New Zealand shines bright, as all of its eight universities are in the top 3 percent of the world. In terms of career growth, New Zealand also has an excellent record.
Benefits of New Zealand’s Student Visa
- The Australian Student Visa allows international students to work 20 hours per week and full-time during vacations.
- You can extend your stay in the country for 1 to 3 years with the Post-Study Work Permit, provided that you study outside of Auckland.
- For some courses, an international student’s spouse can also accompany them on a work permit.
- You can pay your tuition fee after visa approval in Principle (AIP).
Documents Required to Apply for New Zealand’s Student Visa
The documents required for a New Zealand study permit are similar to a Canada visitor visa from India. What are they? Let us find out!
- Academic transcripts, including mark sheets, certificates, extracurricular documents, etc
- Letters of recommendation
- Latest resume
- Statement of Purpose
- You need to provide valid work experience documents to justify your study gap
- An affidavit from the financial sponsor
- Financial records for six months showing sufficient availability of funds
- English language score – PTE or IELTS
Steps to Apply for Student Visa in New Zealand
- Apply to an NZ university for a conditional offer letter in the English language in case your English language proficiency scores are not ready
- Prepare well for IELTS or PTE
- After getting your IELTS or PTE scores, change the status of the conditional offer letter to ‘unconditional.’
- Arrange the financial documents
- Complete the medical test and chest X-ray
- Apply for the student visa
- Sit for the visa interview
- Receive AIP
- Pay your tuition fee
- Pay living expenses or FTS if asked by the New Zealand government within the stipulated timeframe
- Receive the e-visa letter
So, there we have it, a comprehensive overview of the top four study abroad destinations with the easiest student visas. If you are contemplating applying for a study permit in any of the destinations mentioned above, plan your finances and documentation as early as possible. Timely preparation will also give you ample time to apply for international debit cards. Moreover, the application steps are almost identical if you are interested in a Canada visitor visa from India.
Studying abroad is a daunting decision, but knowing the nitty-gritty of the student visa process can take away some of the stress. Top study-abroad destinations with top-tier international institutions, such as the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, have a reasonably straightforward student visa process. In addition, countries like Sweden, Singapore, China, and Malaysia are renowned for their quick and easy visa acceptance. Similarly, Brazil and India are lenient in distributing visas to international students. Simply put, the ultimate call has to be yours. Some thorough research and preemptive planning can help you get your student visa on time.