WHAT TO DO AFTER 12TH SCIENCE WITH A LOW PERCENTAGE
Many students fail to achieve good grades in their 12th grade because they get attracted to a multitude of activities to keep all the doors to their dream job open. Sometimes, students also fall prey to other addictive activities like watching TV, surfing the internet, and hanging out with friends. They also include playing video games, going to parties, watching movies, and wasting time on social media. All this is done for fun. The biggest obstacle students face is having the motivation for scoring good grades. Some students do not care about schoolwork and see it as a waste of time. Other students may care about their grades, but they are too lazy to put in any effort or hard work. Many students fail to realise that life after high school is full of challenges, including finding a job or going to college. If you have poor grades in your 12th grade, it can be challenging to get into college or find a good job. This is why it is important to take advantage of your last year in high school, and you should have a clear idea of what to do after 12th.
How to come to a career decision if you have poor grades after 12th?
- The first thing to do is to start researching various fields that interest you. You must know what fields will allow you to use those skills. There is nothing wrong with choosing a field that interests you, even if it doesn’t look like a “traditional” path.
- A few universities do not rely solely on your marks to decide on your admission. If you are good at something, it does not matter if you have a high GPA or an average one. You can still pursue that as a career. It is the passion for the subject that matters in the end. Many universities offer courses based on interesting tests, and you can still apply if you have a low GPA. You must fill in the right information when filling out the application form, and you will be given a chance.
- You can also consider taking up a course abroad if you are academically weak. You can also consider a change in your approach to studies.
- If you have less than stellar grades, you may not be able to attend your first-choice college or university. You can always try alternative options like community colleges. Before you say, “but community college is for dropouts,” you must understand that college is about more than just getting a degree. It is about learning and growing and doing so in the most suitable setting for you.
- You can also choose a career path that does not require a degree.There is something out there for everyone. All you have to do is put in a little effort and research.
If you score badly in your 12th Science, what best offbeat careers can you opt for?
- Animation and VFX are a combination of science and art. If you are interested in drawing arts or making animations, go for it. It would help if you had patience and creativity for this. You can find many online courses through which you can learn animation or VFX. It would be best if you had the interest and passion for this. This is not a 9 to 5 job. It is more creative work.
- Fashion design – If you love art and creativity and have a keen eye for aesthetics, don’t lose hope. You can design and create fashionable clothes, footwear, and accessories. You will require extensive knowledge of fabrics, dyes, tailoring, and patterns. Many colleges and universities offer fashion design degree programs with minimum passing grades. You will study the art and Science of fashion, including its history and cultural implications.
- Photography – You must wonder how a creative field like photography can be the best option for students who have scored bad in science in their 12th exam. You must know that photography is a creative field, and you don’t need Science to pursue it. Creative fields demand imaginative skills more than Science does. So, if you have creative skills and are interested in photography, this is the best career option for you.
- Performing Arts – If you have poor grades in your 12th and are thinking about what to do after 12th, then performing arts are the best option for you. Because art is not only creative but also analytical and logical. While performing arts like music, dance, theatre, etc., are creative in nature, they also require many analytical and logical skills. While you might be creative in expressing yourself through music, theatre, or dance, you must also have the analytical and logical skills to put on a show, compose a song, or rehearse a dance.
- Occupational therapy is the best option for those who want to make a difference in people’s lives. The main focus of this career is working with people who are experiencing problems in their daily life due to disabilities such as mental illness, physical disability, developmental disability, and other health problems.
- Mass communication and media is a field that is growing very rapidly in India. It is a vast field that can accommodate people from different streams and backgrounds. If you have scored low marks in your 12th science course, then you can still choose mass communication and media as your career option.
- You can become a Sports Coach, Sports Analyst, Sports Physician, Sports Researcher, Sports Statistician, Sports Trainer, Sports Nutritionist, Sports Journalist, Sports Agent, Sports Hospitality Professional, Sports Teacher, and Sports Administrator.
- Event Management is a profession that deals with the organisation and coordination of large events like concerts, conferences, conventions, etc. You can make a career in Event Management if you have a keen eye for detail and are very organised. You must handle paperwork, meet with clients, assist clients with booking events, and perform many behind-the-scenes duties.
- If you have an artistic bent of mind and love designing things, you can consider any design courses. The course may vary according to the stream you choose; if you are interested in designing things in the field of ceramics, then you can choose a course in Material Design or Ceramic Design. You can also choose a course in Craft Design. There is no age limit to pursuing any of these courses.
- Game Design is an excellent option for anyone interested in creating video games and who wants to be involved in the process from start to finish. This might mean writing the story or making the art for a game. This can be an excellent option for anyone interested in video games and who likes creating things.
- The hotel industry is one of the highest-paying industries in India. Suppose you want to make a career in hospitality. In that case, there are many options such as Hospitality and Tourism, Hotel & Catering Management, Food & Beverage Management, Hospitality & Tourism Management, etc.
- Culinary Arts is a creative field that combines Science, Art, Creativity, and Nutrition. In this field, you will have to work on your creative skills, learn new things, work on your presentation and most importantly, master the science behind cooking. This is a creative industry where you won’t be working in a lab, but you have to follow the rules of science.
- Tea Tasting is a job where you can enjoy a hot cup of tea all day long and make a decent living from it. Tea Tasting is the art and science of tasting and grading teas to determine their quality. It is a very detail-oriented job and requires a trained palate to evaluate other teas’ different flavours and aromas. You can work as a tea taster in a tea company or start your own business as a private tea taster offering tasting services to the public.
- DJ and Radio Jockeys know what music to play at which time and when to change the song. They are the ones who know about music, art, and entertainment and can communicate with people. The job of a radio jockey is to communicate with people through their radio programs. The position of a DJ is to communicate with people through music.
Summary – iDreamCareer provides you with options like choosing a particular stream of education, going for a particular certification, upgrading your proficiencies, etc. Once you have decided on the path, you will get a detailed road map to reach your destination. iDreamCareer has a detailed plan for each option to help you make a good decision. You can schedule a meeting with one of their counsellors online. They will ask you questions about your interests and goals in life. Based on that, they will suggest a few courses for you to choose from if you are in a dilemma about what to do after 12th. You can also request a certain course if you want to do something specific. The counsellors will help you with the entire application process as well. They will even give you advice on how to improve your grades.