It’s a common saying that salary has wings. Many people struggle to maintain consistent management of their finances. Sometimes, we spend more than we actually planned. Some do not even check their bank balance timely and end up paying monthly non-maintenance charges. Some people suggest we should check our bank balance at least once a week. Checking our bank balance is not hectic, or time-consuming. Especially, in this digital age, we can do it with just a few clicks or taps on our devices or it is just a missed call or a phone call away. Many banks in India have also initiated digital banking. In this article, we will discuss the various ways to check our bank balance provided by the Canara Bank.
Through Missed call banking
Canara Bank has introduced its Missed call banking service to make it convenient for its customers to have access to varieties of services. There are different Canara bank balance check number for different languages.
For English language, you can give a missed call to 09015483483
For Hindi language , you can give a missed call to 09015613613
Here are the steps to check your Canara Bank account balance:
- Dial either one of the Canara Bank balance check numbers according to your language preference.
- After you dial the number, the call will be disconnected by itself.
- Then, the bank will send you a text containing your current account balance.
However, to avail of this service, the customer’s mobile number has to be registered with the bank. If the Mobile number is not registered, the bank will send a text notifying that the number is not registered with the bank.
If you want to register your mobile number with the bank, follow these steps:
- First, you have to your Canara Bank home branch.
- Ask the staff for a mobile number registration form and fill up the provided space with the required information including your mobile number.
- Sign the form and submit it to the staff and your mobile number will be registered within 2-3 business days.
Through SMS banking
Canara Bank also offers an option to check account balance by sending an SMS to the Canara Bank balance check number.
To check your Canara Bank account balance, you can send an SMS writing “CANBAL”<space>”USERID” <space> MPIN to 5607060 from the registered mobile number.
Shortly after sending the SMS, the bank will send you a text containing your bank account details.
Through Canara Bank balance check number
You can also check your Canara Bank balance using one of the following toll-free numbers.
To avail of this service, your mobile number needs to be registered with the bank. Once it is registered, you can make a call to one of these Canara bank balance check numbers. When the call is connected, wait for the automated response. Follow the instructions prompted by the automated service. Then, you will get your balance detail.
If you are a Canara bank account holder residing outside India, you can call
+91-80-22064232. This number has the basic calling charge.
If you have accounts with other banks, here are some of the banks with their balance check numbers:
|Union Bank balance enquiry number||09223008586|
|Indian Bank Balance enquiry number||09289592895|
|State Bank of India Balance enquiry number||09223766666|
|UCO Bank balance enquiry number||18002740123|
|Punjab National Bank||18001802223|
You can check your account balance in the same procedure mentioned above. For instance, if you have a Union Bank account, you can call the Union Bank Balance enquiry number. When the call is connected, wait for the automated response. Then, you will just have to follow the instructions given by the automated voice. Your current account balance will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Through Mobile Banking Service
Canara Bank has recently launched its mobile banking app called “Canara ai1”. You can search for it in the Google app store for Android devices and Apple app store for Apple devices.
Once you install the app,
- Log in to your account using your mobile number which is registered with Canara Bank.
- Then, go to “my account”.
- Select the option “View Account Balance” on the menu.
- You will see your Canara Bank account balance on the screen.
Through Internet Banking services
For this option, you need to register for Internet Banking services. The steps for registration will also be given below.
To check your account balance, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Canara Bank Internet banking page.
- Log in to your account using your login credentials which are your “customer id” and “password”.
- After you log in to your account, click on “view account details” on the menu.
- Click on “Check Account Balance”
- Then, you will see your current account balance on the screen.
Steps to register your mobile number with Canara Bank to check your account balance
You can register your mobile number with Canara Bank by following the steps below:
- Visit your home branch and take an application form.
- Fill in the form with your customer id, account number and the mobile number which you want to register. The bank will ask you to attach your PAN or Aadhar card. Provide all the necessary documents.
- Put your signature on the form and submit it to the bank staff and your mobile number will be registered within 2 to 3 business days.
If you do not have access to the internet or any of the options above, you can also use other ways to check your account balance offline.
For this option, you need to visit a nearby Canara Bank ATM. Insert your Canara Bank ATM card and you need to enter your four-digit ATM PIN. There will be some options displayed on the screen. From the options, select “Balance enquiry”. Then, you will see your Canara Bank account balance on the ATM screen.
You can also check your Canara Bank account balance through the passbook. Visit your Canara Bank home branch and get your passbook updated with the latest transactions you make. The remaining account balance will be shown on the passbook.