ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is assumed as one of the most well-known approaches to deal with IT Service Management (ITSM). For getting the huge hype in this professional career, the ITIL foundation course will assist the learners in delegating with a detailed knowledge of basic ITIL framework, terminology, and concepts. This course will assist them to ITIL as an approach in the context of the Service Life cycle.
In this article, you will get the whole info from basic to highly sophisticated requirements and strategies of the ITIL foundation course. So, keep reading and scratch the pathway to becoming an IT service manager.
A Brief intro of ITIL Foundation Course
ITIL expands the scope of the world’s leading best practice framework for IT to incorporate numerous latest modes of working, such as Agile, LEAN, DevOps, and other innovative approaches. In the ITIL foundation course, you will learn the core features of the ITIL Framework. Along with this, you will figure out how to use it to improve the quality of services you deliver to your customers.
Eligibility Criteria for ITIL Foundation Course
A bright side is that there is no specific prerequisite for the ITIL foundation course. However, the individuals who can pursue the course include.
- IT executives,
- IT architects,
- IT audit managers,
- IT planners and consultants,
- Operations managers,
- ITSM trainers,
- IT managers
- Database administrators,
- Service delivery professionals,
- Quality analysts,
- Application management and development teams.
Besides, acquiring the ITIL foundation course certification is available to both seasoned IT professionals and those fresh in the IT career.
Learning goals in the ITIL Foundation Course
In the ITIL foundation course, the attendees will learn.
- The ITIL Service Management System
- The Service Value Chain
- Continual Improvement best practices
- Key Guiding Principles
- Governance Requirements
- Key ITIL Practices, including
- Incident Management
- Service Request Fulfillment
- Service Level Management
- Service Desk
- Change Control
- Continual Improvement
- And much more
Along with these core features of this course, the attendees will also gain in-depth info related to.
- How do present IT and digital service organizations work
- how value streams speed up and proficiency
- how cultural or behavioral principles guide work that helps the wider organization
- how to utilize commonly used service management terms and ideas
The Skills Covered in the Course.
In addition to the above discussing features of IT service management, some other core skills will also be widely amalgamated in the attendees’ minds.
- Understanding related to how an integrated IT Service Management framework, based on ITIL best practice guidelines, can be adopted and adapted within their own organizations.
- Providing proven practical guidance on how to successfully introduce an integrated IT Service Management framework based on the ITIL best practice service lifecycle approach.
- Preparing for the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination.
- There will be reinforcement in the form of exercises throughout the course with the objective of instilling a wide comprehending of IT Service Management.
- Focusing on assisting students in order to understand the value to the business provided by each phase of the Service Management Lifecycle.
- The 5 core books cover it: Service Strategy; Service Design; Service Transition; Service Operation; Continual Service Improvement.
- Specifically, focus on developing an underlying service culture within the IT organization.
- Topics which are covered include Introduction to Service Management; The importance of Service Management; Definition of a Service and Service Management; The need for a service culture; Service Management as a practice; The Service Lifecycle.
Get to know About the Course Content of the ITIL Foundation Course
Basically, the ITIL foundation course will rely on 5 modules. A brief description of these modules is described below.
Module 1. Review of ITSM and ITIL
This module reviews ITIL’s history, specifically how the ITIL content in Service Support and Service Delivery became how many companies viewed ITIL Service Management. This section also introduces the ITIL Lifecycle and its five phases, terms of interest, the goals and benefits of the ITIL Refresh key processes, the Qualification Scheme, and the RACI organizational context.
Module 2. Service Lifecycle Approach
This module discusses all the terms of interest that are critical to understanding ITIL’s strategy to Service Management. Value Creation, the advantages of ITIL, Organizational Context, Governance, the Process Model, and the overall ITIL Lifecycle are discussed here.
Module 3. Service Strategy
This module speaks to Service Strategy as a starting point within the lifecycle and identifies the Strategic Perspective. You will explore business requirements and plans, map IT strategies to business, focus on Service as a Value, and discuss how to source in an appropriate way.
Module 4. Service Design
This module describes how Service Design is a part of the overall business change process and how it fits within the overall business strategy. Highlighted are terms of interest, Service Providers, Service Design Path and Design Aspects, Design Management and Constraints, Service Catalog Management, Service Level Management, Availability Management, Capacity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Supplier Management and Information Security Management.
Module 5. Continual Service Improvement
This module explains the ways related to how the Continual Service Improvement book is efficient, effective, and economical. Discussed is the continual realignment of IT to business requirements, the purpose of improving all processes within the Service Lifecycle, growth and maturity of Service and the Management Processes of Measure, Analyze, Review.
Benefits of the ITIL Foundation Course
The ITIL Foundation course is a requirement for individuals who want to understand the concept of ITIL frameworks and enhance the quality of IT Service Management.
If you want to figure out the core benefit of this course, you will be wondering to see that ITIL certified professionals can earn up to 40-percent more than their non-certified peers.
- Being a solution architect, you can earn a minimum of $94K and a maximum of $159K annually.
- Being an ITSM manager, you can earn a minimum of $98K and a maximum of $144K annually.
- Being a system administrator, you can earn a minimum of $60K and a maximum of $118K annually.
- Being a service delivery management, you can earn a minimum of $45K and a maximum of $110K annually.
Brands – Hiring ITIL Professionals.
The worlds’ leading companies and brands seek ITIL professionals to hire in order to boost their sales and skyrocket their businesses. The big names are.
In the whole article, you have received the in-depth info related to the ITIL foundation course. Once you complete the course, your ITIL journey integrating AI-based adaptive learning, mobile-friendly content, and social learning will be started.
For more Guest posts Contact Digital Marketing Agency.